Linseed oil has been used for centuries to protect and maintain interior and exterior wood. Thanks to its non-toxicity and environmentally friendly characteristics, it is undoubtedly one of the most popular finishing oils globally.
Impregnating the wood to saturation, linseed oil provides a golden hue, becoming amber over time. It deeply nourishes wood while providing flexible protection that is waterproof and abrasion-resistant.
Raw linseed oil has a drying time of about three days or more.
Key features of linseed oil:
- Non-film forming (as opposed to varnishes)
- Waterproof, elastic and wear-resistant finish
- Satin finish
- Slight smell of grass
- Deep penetration
- Golden to amber
- Affordable and ecological
- Easy to use
- Easy care
- Drying between 12 and 24 hours if polymerised and drying agents are used.
- Enhances the beauty of the grain
- Dried by evaporation and oxidation
- Compatible with most oils